Yoga is deceptively powerful… Gain strength, flexibility and an insight into yourself, while learning tools to help you heal your body and mind.
This centuries old practice combats stress and helps the body to become strong, supple, healthy and mobilised, providing a great antidote to the strain of today’s lifestyle.
More and more people are realising the benefits of practicing this discipline, which has stood the test of time as a system of “right living”.
The benefits of Yoga are more than just physical.
While focusing on the breath and the postures one is able to free the mind from everyday worries and emotional and mental stress, in the same way that creative endeavours allow one to get “lost” in an activity. Yoga filters into one’s life in a ‘sneaky good’ way, enabling a new perspective and way of being.
Whether on its own or as a “cross training” tool along with other pursuits, yoga is sure to enhance your life.
Some benefits of Yoga are:
- Reduced stress levels – stimulates the relaxation response
- Improved immune function
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Improved coordination
- Improved sleep
- Improved circulation
- Increased proprioceptory awareness (body position sense)
- Improved balance
- Keeps the spine supple (you are only as young as your spine)
- Enhanced focus and concentration
- Lower blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Increased lymph drainage
- Lower resting heart rate
- Lower risk of depression
- Helps headaches
- Weight loss
- Improved lung function
- Weight bearing exercise leads to reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Improved balance reducing the chance of falls or sprains
And so much more…
We encourage you to experience it for yourself!